Inner balance is our natural state but for many of us life distracts us from this state and we get taken over by busy lives filled with planning for the future and ruminating over the past. Our lives are cluttered with things – material things, things to do, things to think about. Our minds are filled with constant thoughts. We’re all so busy doing things that we forget about being consciously still. Just being.
We’re all now slowly emerging from the coronavirus pandemic, which has negatively affected many people’s mental health and continues to do so as the uncertainty persists. However, the crisis has paused people’s lives, giving them time to re-evaluate their life and their priorities. And it has brought home the importance of maintaining good health on an on-going basis, rather than considering health issues only when a problem arises. We have learnt that the virus creates the worst effects on those with underlying health conditions, obesity and weakened immune systems.
We have the power to create more resilient and healthy minds and bodies. One way of doing this is by creating inner balance and harmony by taking time out to quieten your mind and body. Here are some ideas for doing this:
- Meditation – there’s lots of great guided meditations on Youtube which help you tap into your subconscious mind and create stillness and peace. Once we are able to host small groups, our regular meditation sessions will resume at the spa.
- Taking a walk in nature – in a wood, forest, by the seaside.
- Yoga or pilates – again, there are lots of classes online to try out.
- Spending an hour in our Thermal Rooms – our quiet heated rooms are perfect for escaping the outside world, inhaling the relaxing aromas, listening to the peaceful music and drifting into a place of oblivion.
- Enjoying a soothing massage or relaxing reiki or reflexology session – let our expert therapists release tension from your mind and body.
- Spending a few hours at the spa with one of our relaxation packages – enjoy our quiet relaxation rooms and let our staff care for you throughout your spa day.
Many people choose not to invest in their health and don’t want to spend money on building and maintaining a strong mind and body. But spending time and money on your mental and physical health is the best investment that you will ever make. If your mind and body are strong, you will become more efficient and effective in your work, your relationships with family, friends and colleagues will be better, you’ll fill your life with harmony and pleasure and you’ll live a longer and happier life. How can that not be the best investment for you?
Check out our web site for full details of your treatments and relaxation packages www.alexandrahouse.org.uk. We look forward to welcoming you to Alexandra House Spa soon.